What's been happening?  

Posted by: @JinomTo in , ,

What a crazy past couple of weeks!


Finished up my job at ABN and what do the boys like to do? DRINK! And boy did I drink! To the extent that my head spun and the toilet bowl was no longer a germ-infested place, but my new best friend! Never have I had this feeling before, and I take back all the times I said I'd like to try being drunk! Now the smell of cigarettes and worse, cigars! make me want to puke and brings back the memories I'd rather forget. But the awesome me, still managed to make it to work (albeit late!) and still managed to do work (somewhat!) and still managed to keep everything in (after oily greasy KFC!)..hahaha... but big *hugs* to Ange for looking after me! ;)

And within the week, I jetted to Spain to meet our dear friend Wendy! This has been one trip that had been in the pipeworks for a long long time! Wendy jetted from NYC and spent an entire weeek touring various Spanish cities until we interrupted her peace! It was great catching, who would've thought that 10 years ago (yep, 10 years since high school!) that we would all be spending time together in Europe?! Totally awesome! :) And thanks to Wendy's thorough research (for once I was relief of organising!) and Spanish fluency, we had a great time sightseeing, eating, chatting, eating, playing big 2, gossipping... did I mention eating?! :) We went to some pretty awesome restaurants and tapas bars where the locals go for food. Something that I'd never heard of before was a 'rice noodle-esque' paella called Fideuà. It's basically a normal paella but just replace the rice with 'mai fun'! lol... and you know what it tasted like? fried mai-fun! *lol* And at San Sebastian, even managed to visit a 2* michellin restaurant - Urepel. The food was gorgeous - I managed to fit in all the crustaceans one can get - prawn cream shot (taster), lobster soup (entree) and stuffed crab (mains). How I managed; no idea - doesn't help my cholestrol though! ;) So even though it was throughly fun-fun-fun, it was unfortunate the weather did not hold up towards the end. Visiting La Sagrada Familia just did not have the same knock out effect one would normally encounter, and the lifts were shut so we couldn't go up. And half the time at San Sebastian was rained in! Alas reasons to return one day...

So - new job! It was a slight shock to the system returning to a culture where people actually work hard and work long! I've had to wake up earlier, work longer and yawn more! It's not that I'm actually drop dead busy, but it just appears that people start early and finish late. What happened to balanced lifestyle?! Many people there have only been there a year, and there is also batch who's been here a month. You can sorta guess the big recruitment drive. It's quite a young group, but because people work and work and work, there isn't much time to play! So I'll just have to keep reminding myself that is good for me, good for my resume, good to move forward. *keep on swimming, keep on swimming* Just awaiting my trip to Singapore now!
Finally, I sitll haven't figured out what to do. New York is still playing on my mind - must take the intiative to do some work now - nothing lands on your lap. Just wish I had more time to look for things, I am incessantly tired lately, guess will just need to get used to my new schedule and settle down to the rhythm again...
xAx

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment