Ski-wheeeeeeeee  

Posted by: @JinomTo in

Two years since my last ski episode and I hit the slopes again at Val Thorens, part of the the Trois Valley in the French Alps. We got a package for a week of skiing and I signed up for lessons as I feared I may not have remembered the skills.

Fortunately there was lots of snow so was good for skiing, nice and fluffy powder (good for falling!). Unfortunately however, the weather was crappy, poor visibility and COLD! Some days it was almost impossible to see anything ahead, and was difficult to gauge whether it was steep or flat. And only on the last day the sun shone fiercely. Oh well...

So what's the dramatic event for the trip? How about falling 5m off a chairlift on the way up?! Skis & poles got caught whilst the bar was down.. and next thing I know, I was holding onto the rail going up, up and away... Took a few seconds before the operators realised it and hit the stop button (what the???). All the while, I was thinking why it took so long for them to stop it, or did I have to hold on right to the top?? Anyway, before I knew it, smack on the snow, out of breath and in pain. Luckily no broken bones (or at least I don't think so) but a week later I'm still nursing the pain on my shoulders and neck... and leg... *sigh*
Am seeing the doctor tomorrow....

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment