old old old news..
Awesome, awesome place! Flew in on a Saturday morning (haven’t had one of those for awhile) from London City Airport (which is quite handy and faster that Heathrow, but of course, it was like mega early morning!) After checking into the hotel, it was almost time for lunch. I wanted to go on a walking tour that I’d read about that takes us around the old and new town. Tour didn’t commence until 2pm so plenty of time to eat and shop! Yes, and being in Switzerland, where to go but to buy chocolates and Bally! Went to the flagship store at Bahnhofstrasse and it was 3 stories of beautiful leather goods. Luckily it was towards the end of the sale time, so discounts were plentiful. I came out £200 hitting the bank, but bought a gorgeous tan leather handbag (dammit it’s cheap okkk…?!) And I managed to convince Ange to buy a leather strappy heel, better that both of us splurge, don’t feel too guilty that way!
Along the way, we just window shopped (too broke for anything else), but of course, had to stop by the chocolate shops. I had read up that Teuscher makes gorgeous yummy chocolates, and definitely so by the price they charged! They are delish though!! Quick dash to drop off the shopping and we met our tour guide Heidi (yep, it’s true!!) at the train station. Spent the entire day walking around town, taking in the interesting history, architecture, etc. Mid way through the tour we even had a little drink break. The city is actually filled with various fountains and water features as it encourages people to drink (fresh?) water. A lot of people just go around carrying bottles which they can fill up everywhere they go. I really do love the city! At the end of the tour we stopped infront of a chocolate café that Heidi recommended, so of course, it was a quick pit-stop for us since everything was closing up. Then headed for a cruise down the river and on a sunny day, it was nice to just relax and soak up the warmth of the sun and the spectacular views. The cruise reminded me a lot of the northern Sydney area, and the first time I actually missed the place! Maybe it was the sun too... We had already made dinner reservations at a typical Swiss restaurant recommended by the hotel. I was craving for my potato rosti which came as a side with a veal dish and Ange had the cheese fondue.
Sunday – woke up bright and early and headed out on track to the mountains so we can catch the funicular railway back (which really is just a cable car!). Nice sceneries throughout the walk and we even climbed up the tower to get views across the region. All in all, tiring but nice..! ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajinomoto/sets/72157603516811138/
Roblox Hacks Kostenlos
5 years ago