All work and no play  

Posted by: @JinomTo in

Since project at work has been coming to fruition, been doing the hard yards and spending time on my behind infront of the computer in a place called office. I have never had to work so long before...not since budget times at QF which really was a long time ago..and not remembered since. Definately the first time I've worked so hard in London which is meant to be a play/travel-ground for me! Hmm... lost in transmission - I should be travelling! So not having been anywhere substantial during the summer, I'm feeling a little bummer-ed out, especially since I haven't been able to get leave for a trip to the US west coast (alas, problem solved - Vegas for Xmas instead! yeah!) *digress*

Anyway, today is a first as I am sitting here in the office working on a Saturday! All the other times I went into the office in Sydney on the weekend was to study (CA - urgh). [Yes working even though I'm writing up this entry.] Been spending lots of late nights in the office and going home too tired to think - feel like a zombie. I never realised how much of a social life you lose, don't know how people do it - Wendy?!?

So as I was walking out of my apt into the lovely sun-kissed of MHS, I forgotten the feeling of how gorgeous the neighbourhood was, and how it was buzzing on a weekend. Definately need to take time out and smell the roses! I love where I live, but all I see nowawdays is Baker St Station down to my apt at night... in the dark when everything is shut (apart from Maccas, KFC & Tesco! *lol*)

***5/11/08 Update***
Tonight I broke my record - working till 11pm! Yay me *pat pat*. Now I'm hungry.. have not had dinner and it's a bit late now, should be sleeping yah? And I don't know if it's me or something... but my stomach is making noises..hmm... to eat or not to eat... ahh.. tis bedtime... maybe have a big brekky tomorrow.. good excuse to!

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment