Another 'hmph' weekend...  

Posted by: @JinomTo in

It was another one of those ‘nothing’ weekend that I’ve been experiencing the past few weeks that’s becoming increasingly frustrating. Apart from experiencing travel-withdrawals (last trip was start of April, omg!!), the whole pseudo/non-pseudo issue is just so exhausting and really is starting to wear me out! You know who you are, and I know you read this!!!! Sure we can agree on some of the underlying issues but there is no cohesion on our stance...Can’t always have the cupcake and eat it too!

In other news, I went for a massage on Saturday, to spoil myself and occupy my mind. And by the end of it, yep was starting to zzz..! Got the 3-sessions package, so have another 2 more massages up my sleeve! Must comment that it is very different to the ultra-pamper sessions that I experience in Bangkok. The setup here is a lot simpler and not as VIP. Sure I’m not entirely comparing apples with apples (a clinic versus a 5/6 star spa resort/facility?!) but even a simple aromatherapy candle and lighting can do wonders! I thought it was quite amusing that looking through the hole on the massage table, there were 3/4 coloured pebbles.. are they meant to be calming? Ok, maybe it has some crystal powers/connotations that I am unaware of.
Saturday night though turned out to be surprisingly nice…haven’t had that feeling for awhile…if only it could be more constant…that is what being natural is about. It was simple, relaxing and yummy dinner, even though the lead up was a big pain in the arse! Is it too much to ask if everyday and night was like that??

Had the funniest encounter on Sunday. Was walking home with groceries and there was loud music coming from the carpark/market. Went to check it out and there were hundreds of bladders just standing around. Then 2 guys came round and chatted to me and nosed around my groceries. Just innocently hilarious cos the conversation was based around organic food, scallops & squid, blading and Aussies in general.. and when I shook their hands as I left one of them (I think Italian) turned it around kissed my hand in that charming way…don’t think that’s ever happened to me before! Hahaha.. amusing!

This is the Sunday blading that created the racket: http://www.lfns.co.uk/

This entry was posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

nice.
why was it a hmph? apart from the hmph bit. that is.

sounds great.

oh.. did u see on flickr? its flickr fest this saturday. ie. take your camera go out and take lotsa photos. your photos could potentially end up in the flickr publication or something. can't remember. go login to flickr front page and look for it.

the HMPH bit la, what else?! Spent Fri night "hmph-ing" and Sunday was spent ironing.. how "hmph" is that?! Just cos I had a moment on Sat, doesn't mean it was a good weekend.

Saturday in Amsterdam..hehehe... will read in office..so bosan there.

Post a Comment